Les Gets Events Calendar
Les Gets in winter & summer!
We love Les Gets. As well as is stunning beauty, great family skiing in winter and fab biking in summer, it has lost to offer all visitors.
A rich programme of events all year round awaits those staying in Les Gets. In winter season look out for:
Santa Claus Lives in Les Gets! - main Christmas week
Forget Lapland, Santa livesLes Gets every December! Book your place on the elf bus to the Enchanted Forest where Santa and his helpers have set up camp for the whole of the festive period. This magical Xmas trip must be booked in advance.
The Red Ski Show - once a week during Feb
Once a week during the Feb school holidays, it’s rendez vous at the Snow Front in the centre of resort to watch those fancy ESF Les Gets instructors doing their thing. They certainly know how to put on a snow show, complete with flames and fireworks and even piste bashing demos. And with the hot choc and the vin chad flowing for free, what’s not to love?
If you’re in Les Gets in the summer season, look out for the likes of:
Crankworx - in June
Every year Les Gets welcomes the world’s elite mountain bikers for a week of demos, competitions and events. There’s slopestyle, dual speed & style, pump track and downhill. There’s also a village full of exhibitors and lots of workshops too. It’s a great event to kick off the summer biking season in Les Gets.
Challenge Pumptrack - every Monday in July
Les Gets’ pumptrack (on what is the ice rink in the winter season) in the resort centre is legendary. It’s fast and furious out there and every Monday evening in July there’s a competition where you race against the clock. If you post one of the best times, you’re in for a prize! P.S the track is open all time, with free access!
Les Gets Activities
Apart from the usual sporty things to do in Les Gets, we love these more countryfied activities that give you an insight into life in the mountains as it used to be before ski lifts…
* Discover the Les Gets Pottery and see how Anouk and Nathalie work together to create cute and funky designs inspired by the mountains and farming. And every Monday in summer, budding potters from the age of six can have a go at working the clay on that wheel
* Visit the Museum of Mechanical Music. This brilliantly eccentric museum houses over 550 exhibits from full size church organs and a fairground carousel to musical boxes. And don't forget the biennial Mechanical Music festival which attracts thousands of visitors from far and wide. The next one is July 2016
* Enter the world of cheese at the Fruitiere des Perrieres, a gorgeous traditional farmhouse where you can see how the cheese is made, then buy some in the on-site shop and eat some in the renowned restaurants in the vaulted caves under the farm. Truly magical
* Go goat milking in the fields where the animals graze in the summer sunshine up by the Lac des Ecoles - it's an easy 20 minte walk to get there. Kids absolutely love this activity courtesy of Caroline's farm and every Tuesday is tasting night back at the farm from 18:30
* Calling all apprentice farmers - the Ferme de La Sarre opens its doors to children to help with all the duties including feeding the rabbits, making cheese and looking after the pigs and lambs. A brilliant day out for the kids at this farm near the Mont-Chery lift
FAQ's / Testimonials