Les Gets Events Calendar
Les Gets this winter!
We love Les Gets. As well as is stunning beauty, great family skiing in winter and fab biking in summer, it has lost to offer all visitors.
A rich programme of events all year round awaits those staying in Les Gets and here are a some highlights for the winter 2016/2017 season:
Santa Claus Lives in Les Gets! - 18-29 December 2016
Forget Lapland, Santa’s now living in Les Gets for December! For just 3€ (under 3s free) book your place on the elf bus that goes from the special santa station next to the ice rink in Les Gets centre. You’ll be taken to the Enchanted Forest where Santa and his helpers have set up camp for the whole of the festive period. This magical Xmas trip must be booked in advance.
Christmas in Les Gets village - 18-29 December 2016
Aside from Santa in his mountain hideaway, there are lots of Christmas shows, activities and things to do in resort. Get your face painted, watch an ice sculpture demonstration or take part in a wood working workshops. Sign up for a fun snow treasure hunt, or play the giant board games. All actvities are free and great fun for all ages. It all takes place in and around the snow front and the ice rink/square in the centre of Les Gets.
Ice Sculpture - Fridays during Xmas and February
Master sculpture Sebastien Cohendet will be in front of the tourist office in Les Gets on Fridays (the 23 & 30 Dec plus every Friday in Feb) to show off his ice sculpting skills. With his chainsaw in hand, he creates the most amazing works of art from huge ice blocks. It’s certainly impressive. First demo is at 15:00, with a second at 18:00.
Grande Odyssey Husky Sledging Race - 9 January 2017
The biggest Husky sledging race in the world comes to Les Gets in 2017. It covers 800km and passes through 25 resorts in 10 stages, with mushers and dogs from all over the world taking part. A bit like the Tour de France for Huskies, it’s a sight to behold at the start line. What’s more, it’s free to watch.
The Red Ski Show - 6 Feb at 18:30, 13-27 February 2017 at 19:30
Every Monday night during the Feb school holidays, it’s rendez vous at the Snow Front in the centre of resort to watch those fancy ESF Les Gets instructors doing their thing. They certainly know how to put on a snow show, complete with flames and fireworks and even piste bashing demos. And with the hot choc and the vin chad flowing for free, what’s not to love?
‘Frozen’ Show - 23 Feb 2017
A journey to a magical frozen world for the children. This show based on Frozen will take place at the Colombiere Community Hall in the centre of Les Gets. Make sure you get there half an hour before showtime to enjoy a free teatime treat!
Les Gets Activities
Apart from the usual sporty things to do in Les Gets, we love these more countryfied activities that give you an insight into life in the mountains as it used to be before ski lifts…
* Discover the Les Gets Pottery and see how Anouk and Nathalie work together to create cute and funky designs inspired by the mountains and farming. And every Monday in summer, budding potters from the age of six can have a go at working the clay on that wheel
* Visit the Museum of Mechanical Music. This brilliantly eccentric museum houses over 550 exhibits from full size church organs and a fairground carousel to musical boxes. And don't forget the biennial Mechanical Music festival which attracts thousands of visitors from far and wide. The next one is July 2016
* Enter the world of cheese at the Fruitiere des Perrieres, a gorgeous traditional farmhouse where you can see how the cheese is made, then buy some in the on-site shop and eat some in the renowned restaurants in the vaulted caves under the farm. Truly magical
* Go goat milking in the fields where the animals graze in the summer sunshine up by the Lac des Ecoles - it's an easy 20 minte walk to get there. Kids absolutely love this activity courtesy of Caroline's farm and every Tuesday is tasting night back at the farm from 18:30
* Calling all apprentice farmers - the Ferme de La Sarre opens its doors to children to help with all the duties including feeding the rabbits, making cheese and looking after the pigs and lambs. A brilliant day out for the kids at this farm near the Mont-Chery lift
FAQ's / Testimonials