Controller of Personal Information
If you have made a transfer booking with us and your transfer is to be provided by other transfer company then that transfer company will also separately be considered a “data controller” under European Union law.
What do we mean by personal information?
Personal information means details which identify you or could be used to identify you, such as your name and contact details, your travel arrangements and purchase history. It may also include information about how you use our website.
When does this policy apply?
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Information you provide for Mountain Drop-offs to complete and manage a booking you have made with us or a service you have requested from us.
- Information about the services we may have provided to you in the past.
- Information about online registration
- Information about your use of our websites
What do we use your personal information for?
The main purposes for which we use your personal information are:
- To fulfil your travel arrangements and deliver the services you have asked for
- To send status updates and service communications to you
- To carry out analysis and market research.
- To carry out marketing including online advertising and keep you informed of Mountain Drop-offs’ products and services
- To undertake targeted online advertising
- To send you status updates and service communications
- To improve our website, products and services
- For management and administrative purposes
When will we send you marketing?
When we have your permission we will send you marketing communications from Mountain Drop-offs. As Mountain Drop-offs we do sometimes send marketing communications that include a business partners’ products and services related to the travel you are undertaking, as well as our own.
We will respect your choice as to what communications you wish to receive and how these are sent.
How can you change what marketing communications you receive, how you receive them and unsubscribe?
If you decide you would no longer like to be sent marketing communications, you can change your mind at any time. The ways to stop being sent marketing communications are described below:
Please note that if you tell us that you do not wish to be sent further marketing communications, you will still receive service communications (as described above) which are necessary, for example, to confirm your booking or to provide you with an update on its status.
What is our legal basis for using your personal information?
Mountain Drop-offs will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason or reasons Mountain Drop-offs collected and needs to use your information. Under EU and UK data protection laws in almost all cases the legal basis will be:
- Because we need to use your information so that we can process your booking, fulfil your travel arrangements and otherwise perform the booking we have with you
- Because it is in Mountain Drop-offs’ legitimate interests to use your personal information to operate and improve our business.
- Because Mountain Drop-offs needs to use your personal information to comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect the vital interests of you and your travelling party.
- Because you have consented to Mountain Drop-offs using your information for a particular purpose.
More information on each legal basis is provided below.
If processing of your data is subject to any other laws, then the basis of processing your data may be different to that set out above and may in those circumstances be based on your consent in all cases.
How long do we keep personal information?
We will keep your information for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, where you book a transfer with us we will keep the information related to your booking, so we can fulfil the specific travel arrangements you have made and after that, we will keep the information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the booking. The information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us.
We will actively review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need for it to be retained. If you stop interacting with us as a customer, we will remove or anonymise your information after 7 years.
Performance of a booking with you
It will be necessary for Mountain Drop-offs to use your personal information to complete a booking you have made with us.
As a transfer operator Mountain Drop-offs has a legitimate business interest to use the personal information we collect to offer an effective service and carry out our business.
Compliance with legal obligations
There are situations where Mountain Drop-offs is subject to a legal obligation and needs to use your personal information to comply with those obligations.
To protect the vital interest of you or another person
There are situations where we may need to use your personal information to protect the vital interests of you or another person.
Alternatively, we may collect and use your personal information where you have given your specific consent to us doing so. Show example
If the basis of our processing your data is consent to marketing, you can withdraw your consent to such processing at any time, including by amending your account online by contacting us
However, if you withdraw your full consent, in some circumstances, it may mean we will not be able to provide all or parts of the services you have requested from us and you will not be able to cancel your booking or obtain a refund of any charges you have paid.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Your personal information may be shared with the other transfer companies if it is necessary to fulfil the booking commitment with them.
What are your legal rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you?
Under data protection laws in the European Union, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information. Responses to exercise your rights will be provided within one month and generally there is no fee for making these requests. If your request is particularly complicated we may extend the deadline for responding to three months, but we will let you know if this is the case.
We will handle all requests in accordance with applicable law. However, depending on the right you wish to exercise, and the nature of the personal information involved, there may be legal reasons why we cannot grant your request. Further explanation of those rights and the exceptions to them are set out below.
Your rights include the following:
- You may request us to stop sending you marketing. Please contact us should you wish to do this, but If you do so we will no longer be able to send you marketing communications. However, if you subsequently book a transfer with us we will need to send you communications about the services you have booked to use, such as your travel. These communications will help you get the most from the services we provide for you.
- You may request us to stop using your personal information where we are doing so under legitimate interests unless it is needed for dealing with legal claims or we have other compelling legitimate reasons that override your rights.
- You may request us to stop processing of your personal information for marketing purposes including analytics for the purposes of targeted marketing, including online advertising.
- You may access the personal information we hold on you.
- There are some limited exceptions to this right, such as information relating to others who have not consented to the disclosure of their information and information which is legally privileged.
- You may ask us to correct your personal information (the ‘right of rectification’) if that information is inaccurate.
- You may ask for personal information which identifies you to be erased (or forgotten).
To do this we will remove the information that identifies you from the data we hold in our active systems (“anonymise”). However, a separate and restricted copy of the identifying information will be kept for 7 years to meet the obligations we have to law enforcement, national authorities and legal proceedings.
We may need to retain certain elements that relate to a contract between you and Mountain Drop-offs because we need it for our own legal and auditing purposes (for more information on the basis on which we process your personal information see the section “What is our legal basis for using your personal information?”).
A record of your request including the personal information you supplied will be retained in the application used to carry this out for 3 years.
In some circumstances it may mean we will not be able to provide all or parts of the services you have requested from us in relation to previous travel or retain any preferences you have previously shared with us.
We cannot erase your personal information if you have travelled with us in the past 13 months. For Legal reasons, we need to keep information this information. You may come back to us once this time period has passed and submit a request.
We cannot erase your personal information if we have identified that you either have an open complaint with us or we hold a previous case for you within the past 6 years. We are required to retain this information in case there is a need to re-open the complaint.
How can you exercise your legal rights and change how we use your data?
If you wish to change how we use your personal information, please use our Permissions Centre.
We will ask for some information to identify you, which will only be used to process your request. We will verify your identify via email before processing your request.
Accessing your personal information
If you wish to receive a copy of your information, you can make your request in writing and include the following information with your request:
- Your name and postal address
- Details of your request
- a photocopy of your passport or driving licence, so that we can verify your identity
- your signature and the date of the request
- if you are applying on behalf of another person then signed authority from the individual is required
- Any details which may help us locate the information which is the subject of your request, for example:
- Booking reference and dates