Morzine Destination Guide
Welcome To Morzine!
Morzine village is spread out along two sides of a valley, with a mix of modern areas and the old village centre. Lifts run from both sides for skiing and boarding in winter and for mountain biking and walkers in the summer, making it the perfect all year round resort for active types.
The skiing in Morzine and neighbouring Les Gets is excellent for getting your 'ski legs' and once you've found them, head over to sister resort Avoriaz, where you can find more challenging skiing and then explore the whole of the vast Portes du Soleil area that stretches across France and Switzerland. In a week of skiing you could easily do different pistes every single day!
In summer, Morzine is one of the best renowned areas for mountain biking in the French Alps. The resort is totally geared up for bikers in the summer months, with easy to use lifts to take your bike up, good value lift passes and even jet washers to hose down your bike at the end of the a good day of riding.
With over 650km of mountain bike trails plus freestyle and dirt parks, it's paradise on two wheels around these parts. Mountain Drop-offs is also totally geared up to summer in Morzine, with all transfer buses operating out of Geneva Airport offering bike carriage (please book this service in advance).
Back at resort level, Morzine has long been a favourite destination for British holidaymakers who'll feel at home in the many English-owned bars and restaurants in town. Dotty's Coffee House does a great latte, whilst it's all very cool and hip down at Beanie's Ski Shop and Coffee Bar. There's even Berits and Brown, a very posh deli and cafe which has opened its doors in Morzine.
If, of course, you'd prefer to be immerse yourself in local life, there are lots of restaurants and bars offering Savoyard fayre - think a raclette with local reblochon cheese followed by a quick Genepy digestif or full strength Mutzig after a hard day's biking at the legendary Robinson's bar.
As you can probably tell, out of all the Portes du Soleil resorts, Morzine has the most vibrant apres-ski and night life. The Bec Jaune microbrewery is a great place to start and then there are loads of popular bars to try late into the night, including the Tibetan Cafe and Cavern Bar, before perhaps venturing into L'Opera night club - but be warned, it often doesn't get going until well after midnight!
And with so much apres-ski and partying on offer in Morzine, we can highly recommend abandoning the idea of a hire car from the airport. After all, who wants to wake up feeling a little 'tired and emotional' and having to dig out of the car and then drive all the way back to Geneva - much easier to let the transfer bus take the strain all the way from Morzine to departures!
FAQ's / Transfer Testimonials
Morzine Has Plenty To Offer!
* Head to the Parc des Dereches sports centre in summer or winter for a whole host of leisure activities, fitness and leisure facilities including a gorgeous open-air pool, tennis, pro-standard indoor ice-rink, skate park and fitness classes
* Try catching your supper with a day out fishing in the summer season. There are some gorgeous places to cast your line around Morzine including Montriond lake, the plan du Rocher lake or on the banks of the River Dranse. If you're lucky you might reel in a trout or two
* Once the water has frozen, you can try ice diving at Montriond lake in winter. You don't even need to have scuba diving experience to do this daredevil activity and your qualified instructor will show you an amazing underwater winter wonderland
* Celebrate the start of the summer season with the Pass'Portes du Soleil mountain bike weekend with hundreds of two wheelers enjoying the specially selected mountain itineraries covering Morzine, Avoriaz, Les Gets and beyond. Held every year over the last weekend in June
* Head out on a thrilling night time snowmobile trek, leaving from a mountain restaurant in Morzine and heading along the moonlit trails and pistes for a 20km adventure
Summer or winter, skier or non-skier, there's so much to do in Morzine, so maximise your time in resort by letting one of our fleet of modern transfer buses whisk you straight from Geneva Airport to Morzine so you can get on with the serious business of enjoying yourself as soon as possible!
Morzine snow and weather conditions