Chamonix Event Calendar
Whats On In 2016/2017!
There's never a dull moment in the Chamonix Valley. There's fun on the slopes in winter combined with music and dancing at apres-ski events. Then a plethora of sporting endeavours in the summertime that usually involve wearing lycra and running for miles and miles and miles. In essence, there really is something for everyone in Chamonix in all seasons - which is why we run transfer buses from the airport in Geneva straight to Chamonix all year round.
You don't even need to be sports-mad to enjoy the mountains, with cultural walking tours, artisan markets and film festivals also organised throughout the year.
A weekly list of events can be found on the Chamonix Tourist Office website, but here are some of the key festivites in the Chamonix Valley:
GrolleandSki Festival - 9-11 December 2016
One of the most eccentric and original festivals you’ve ever seen! It’s all about live music, films and fun. To give you and idea of the sort of humour we’ve talking about, last year there were showings of Monty Python and Johnny England films. It’s slapstick all the way with Grolle Land!
Nordic Monster Test - 10 December 2016
This day focusing on the various cross country disciplines marks the start of the winter season for us! At the Foyer Ski de Fond near MBC in Chamonix, you can talk to experts, watch and learn at workshops, head off with instructors for a bit of a lesson and test all the latest gear too. And the day always ends with the famous tombola, hosted by organisers Ravanel Sports.
Chamonix Christmas Market - 16-30 December 2016
Wander amongst the lovely little wooden chalets dotted all around town and get yourself feeling festive. Sip a spiced tea or a mulled wine, watch the parades, buy some yummy food and pick some lovely presents. All this (including polar bears in big baubles?!) in the big build up to Christmas in Chamonix.
Swatch Freeride World Tour - 28 January 2017
This is the 10th anniversary year of the prestigious FWT and this year Chamonix is the first of five stops for the off-piste extreme skiing and boarding junket. Held at Flegere or Brevent, you can watch the action live on the big screen in Place Balmat, where there are stalls, giveaways and events too.
These events always attract a huge influx of people in Chamonix during these peak weeks, so our advice is to book up your flights, accommodation and airport transfers as early as you can. Getting to and from Chamonix couldn't be easier as we run services between Geneva Airport and Chamonix daily in both directions.
Use the booking form and in the 'to' section you will see several options for Chamonix transfers, so just pick the most relevant area of Chamonix to ensure you get the right quote. And don't forget, we drop off and pick you up at your door!
There's plenty to keep you occupied and entertained in Chamonix whatever the time of year. Chamonix is home to Europe's highest mountains and is ideally located by the Italian and Swiss boarders. With so much to do and see it's guaranteed you will have a great time but we would definitely recommend adding the following to your 'must do' list:
• Aiguille du Midi: Take the two-stage cable car to the viewing platform at an incredible 3842m, where you will get unparalleled views of Mont Blanc and 360° views of the French, Italian and Swiss Alps. Don't miss The Step Into The Void either!
• Montenvers Railway: Spectacular cog railway from Chamonix to Montenvers, above the Mer de Glace. Experience the heights and sights without the hard work
• Le Panoramic: Restaurant at the top station of the Brévent cable car, with top class classic Savoyarde cuisine and a breathtaking view of the Mont Blanc Massif
• Grotte de la Mer de Glace: Carved every spring since 1946, the ‘ice cave’ takes three months to make and has in interior temperature of around -2 to -5 degrees Centigrade
• Massage: All this mountain activity can take it out of you! A good sports massage will help reset your muscles and get you ready for action!
• Chamonix Golf Course: Enjoy 18 holes on this challenging golf course with stunning views, or practice your swing and aim at the driving range, open until 19:00 each day in the summer months in Les Praz
And remember, when you book your Geneva Airport transfer, we will take you to wherever you want to go in Chamonix, so if you want to go straight for a round of golf, or be dropped off in time for apres-ski at the Lapin Agile, it's no problem!
For more information on Chamonix, see Wikipedia
How To Find Mountain Drop-offs
Our office is open every day. We are located right in the centre of town, just behind Hotel Alpina.
Residence Lachenal 58 Allee Louis Lachenal
Phone: +33 4 50 47 17 73
Geneva to Chamonix